Dyslexia Awareness for Emergency Services:
Often overlooked in management strategies or staff development practices dyslexia provides some unique challenges and opportunities. Do your managers and staff recognise Dyslexia and how to capitalise on its advantages? Do you support them so you comply with DDA? What are the Operational Risks for dyslexics, and how do you factor that into your risk assessments. Are people asking for too much support and squandering your valuable resources?
I have over 31 years experience in the emergency services see here
I normally deliver sessions covering:
- What is dyslexia – an introduction
- The Operational Risk perspective
- Myths of dyslexia
- The personal perspective – what it is like to be a dyslexic in the workforce.
- How to benefit from your dyslexic staff
- How to provide support to dyslexic staff
- Just what is ‘reasonable’ in Reasonable Adjustment?
However I will create bespoke sessions tailored for your organisation’s specific needs.
I can also provide consultancy including recruitment and selection testing and evaluation, business practices, reasonable adjustments to professional opinion in discipline or reasonable adjustment cases. Please see here
Please contact me discuss your specific needs at email@example.com